Simplecast is seeking a Product Manager to join our growing team. We’re looking for someone eager to shape the future of podcasting with us and empower audio creators with the resources they need to connect their shows with a world of listeners.
You will be working directly alongside our CEO, while coordinating with our design, engineering, and customer-facing teams.
What is the structure of this job?
This is a full-time salaried position, based in NYC, working with an agile distributed team.
What would you do for us?
- Establish a shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Develop detailed concepts and product features in close cooperation with our design and engineering teams.
- Prioritize team-wide tasks which improve and enhance user experience.
- Map, organize, and lead projects, from customer Dashboards to marketing.
- Perform continuous quality assurance, adding a detail-oriented eye to the team.
Our Product Manager Must-Haves:
- Creative product thinker who loves challenging technical problems and collaborates well with engineering, design, marketing, and external partners.
- Experience building or working on technical platforms that enable concurrent development of features worked on by remote teams.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer issues and infrastructural challenges.
- You are technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions alike.
- You have experience working on technical software products from kick-off to ship.
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a customer’s frustration.
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous ideas into solid action plans.
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping small, medium, and large releases.
More about YOU:
- 5+ years of product development experience
- 5+ years of experience working collaboratively with engineering, design, and customer-facing teams
- Software product management experience, spanning from initial user journey definition and experience prototyping to market introduction for software products
- Comfort with data analytics and data science
- Strong UX/UI experience
- Creativity, strategic thinking, and leadership skills
- Experience with JIRA, Asana, and other project management tools
- Adept at managing the expectations and demands of different teams
- A strong sense of priorities under tight deadlines
What’s the compensation?
Competitive compensation will be based on experience. Medical, dental, and vision benefits coverage. Generous benefit stipend. Generous PTO. 401K. A shiny, new Mac. Budget for continued learning.
If interested, please email your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.