Simplecast is seeking an experienced Product Designer to join our team in NYC. Since 2013, Simplecast has helped creators publish their podcasts the easy way with hosting, distribution, analytics & sharing tools.
You are someone with a passion for design systems, clean and type-driven layouts, and a desire to help us shape the future of podcasting. You will be working closely with our head of design and the product team, helping to create, maintain, refine, and evolve the design system and entire visual aesthetic for the application. This includes the Dashboard, analytics, podcast promotion tools, embeds, and site builder templates.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of digital product design experience; ideally at a SaaS or internet-driven business.
- Great taste and an excellent sense of typography, layout, and design principles.
- The ability to deliver polished comps, flows/interactions, and final assets to other members of the team with clear communication and documentation of design decisions.
- Collaboration with Product and Engineering on scope and product planning.
- Quick wireframing and prototyping of ideas.
- Maintenance and evolution of our growing design system.
- Comfortable working on large projects, from wireframe phase to implementation.
- Proficiency in Sketch and other UI design tools as well as Photoshop and Illustrator. We also use Abstract for file management and version control.
- Strong understanding of interaction design concepts across mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- Good communication skills both in-person and across digital channels like Slack/email.
- Strong attention to detail and can iterate quickly.
- Self-starter attitude; an ambitious person that enjoys new challenges.
Nice to haves:
- Working understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Any experience with podcasting/audio or audio recording.
- Bonus: Loves podcasts, and has a desire to join a hard-working team whose goal is to innovate the future of digital spoken word.
Role, Location, Benefits:
- Full-time opportunity; NYC-Based
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits coverage. Generous benefit stipend. Generous PTO. 401K. A shiny, new Mac. A tiered budget for continued learning.
If interested, please email your portfolio and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please illustrate your involvement in and how you contributed to any of the projects listed.